The General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) announced on 23 March 2022 that pharmacists and pharmacy technicians who are due to renew their registration on or after 1 October 2022 will need to submit all six revalidation records, which comprise:
- Four CPD records (two of which must be planned events)
- One peer discussion
- One reflective account
At the GPhC council meeting on 14 April 2022 the council agreed that pharmacy professionals renewing their registration on or after 1 October 2022 would need to reflect on one or more of the following three standards in their reflective account:
- Standard one: Pharmacy professionals must provide person-centred care
- Standard two: Pharmacy professionals must work in partnership with others
- Standard five: Pharmacy professionals must use their professional judgement
These standards were selected because of their relevance during the pandemic, where many pharmacy professionals adapted their approach based on the individual care and needs of patients; increasingly operated as part of multi-professional teams; and were required to use their professional judgement in particularly challenging circumstances.
Registration renewals before October 2022
Pharmacy professionals with registration renewal deadlines on or before 30 September 2022 (and registration expiry dates on or before 1 December 2022) only need to submit a reflective account when they renew their registration.
Pharmacy professionals with registration renewal deadlines on or before 30 September 2022 should reflect on one or more of the following standards in their reflective accounts:
- Standard 3 – pharmacy professionals must communicate effectively
- Standard 6 – pharmacy professionals must behave professionally
- Standard 9 – pharmacy professionals must demonstrate leadership