Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain has launched a consultation on its competency framework for all prescribers.
The Royal Society said its framework has been reviewed and refreshed “in collaboration with a multi-expert group” on behalf of all the prescribing professions in the UK.
Summary of changes
- Introduction section is more concise and includes reference to the ‘Competency framework for designated prescribing practitioners’ (published December 2019)
- Section on ‘Purpose of framework’ has been expanded
- Section on ‘Role of professionalism’ has been merged into the framework itself
- There have been light amends to some competencies and supporting statements to make them clearer
- There will be a Welsh translated version.
- There are now 75 supporting statements (11 new)
- There are new “further information” sections for the supporting statements; we have moved further information/lists/examples here which clarify meaning and keeps the statements unique, clear and in scope.
This update affects all prescribers, including:
- Supplementary prescribers
- Prescriber trainees
- Course providers and
- Organisations representing and employing prescribers.